Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Enemy Territory and NationsCup

KaKu
    KaKu

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-01-19

Enemy Territory and NationsCup Empty Enemy Territory and NationsCup

Post by KaKu Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Hey guys!

I've noticed some (tigger?) of you have downloaded Enemy Territory

It's a completely free game, no registration is required.
    You might not have heard of it because of it's rather advanced age, but it is by far the most played free game (according to xfire) and has a strong competition community.

If you want to have a good idea of what competition looks like in that game, I encourage you to come watch Team Canada play against Team Ukraine for ClanBase's Nationscup, which will be held next sunday (25th) at 2 P.M Eastern time. You can cheer for me Smile

Here's a link
    http://www.gamestv.org/event/8802-canada-vs-ukraine/

All you have to do is connect to one of the ETTV IP via the game console. ETTV is an addition which enables a large number of spectators to watch a live game. It works similarly to SourceTV, for those of you familiar with the source engine.

To play Enemy Territory and watch ETTV, you have to download the following files:

The game itself (an installer)
    http://www.download.com/Return-to-Castle-Wolfenstein-Enemy-Territory-full-install-/3000-7441_4-10243510.html?tag=mncol

The 2.60 patch (an installer)
    http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/ET_Patch_Windows;39483#Download

And the 2.60b patch (a zip file, you only have to replace your et.exe and etded.exe in your main ET folder by the ones provided in the zip)
    http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/Wolfenstein_Enemy_Territory_260b_Patch_win32;62012#

Enjoy!

Jean-Christophe "KaKu" Desrosiers
    VeRiZeN
    VeRiZeN

Number of posts : 173
    Registration date : 2008-12-11

Enemy Territory and NationsCup Empty Re: Enemy Territory and NationsCup

Post by VeRiZeN Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:07 pm

KAKU
    zavLN
    zavLN
    Admin

Number of posts : 235
    XFire : frost05
    Registration date : 2008-12-10

Post by zavLN Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:08 pm

How many teams are there? Is there a lot of cheaters? And how do you play Team Ukraine, would there be a huge ping difference?
    KaKu
    KaKu

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-01-19

Post by KaKu Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:13 pm

zavLN wrote:How many teams are there? Is there a lot of cheaters? And how do you play Team Ukraine, would there be a huge ping difference?

The North American Competitive community is not what it used to be: about 25-30 teams play, it used to be 150+.

In Europe, there are still a lot of teams; about 250 different teams are participating in various ET ladders, leagues, tournaments, cups, lans, etc.

As for playing team Ukraine, we are going to play on an UK-based server, on which I ping 105-110. The lag is not that much of a disadvantage for East Coast players

As for the cheaters, they are very uncommon, as punkbuster is well spread and updated frequently. In competition, I've almost never played against people cheating, as advanced private cheats are very expensive, and once you're caught, it is very hard to "come back" (IP, ET Pro GUID, PunkBuster GUID, and hardware bans are hard to overcome, especially since they are all linked together by PB). It's not like in Combat Arms where you can just make a new account.
    tigger0jk
    tigger0jk

Number of posts : 259
    Registration date : 2008-12-15

Post by tigger0jk Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:48 pm

I'm not going to try to get good and play competitively, but I'll def tune in and cheer you on. Very Happy
    irish
    irish

Number of posts : 294
    Registration date : 2009-01-02

Post by irish Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:31 am

tigger0jk wrote:I'm not going to try to get good and play competitively, but I'll def tune in and cheer you on. Very Happy

ditto

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:39 am